Azure DevOps (formerly known as: Visual Studio Team Services)
Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS) use fastlane in their Apple App Store extension.
Once you have created or retrieved credentials for your App Store account, then perform the following steps to automate releasing updates from a VSTS build or release definition:
- Install the App Store extension from the VSTS Marketplace
- Go to your VSTS or TFS project, click on the Build tab, and create a new build definition (the "+" icon) that is hooked up to your project's appropriate source repo
- Click Add build step... and select the necessary tasks to generate your release assets (e.g. Gulp, Cordova Build)
- Click Add build step... and select App Store Release from the Deploy category
- Configure the App Store Release task with the desired authentication method, the generated IPA file path, and the desired release track.
Now when you build, your app will automatically be published to App Store Connect!
Configuring fastlane versions
The extension can be configured to install the latest version of fastlane or a specific version of fastlane:
- In the Build for your project, click on the Apple App Store task (supported in both
Apple App Store Releaseand
Apple App Store Promote), go to the Advanced section of the Task, click Install fastlane
- Optionally, select Specific Version from
fastlane version, and enter a specific version of fastlane
For more documentation, see the Apple App Store in the Visual Studio Team Server marketplace.